On Tour with Prism Book Tours.
Paige Donovan is an ambitious college graduate who aspires to reach the top of the corporate ladder. She’s climbing fast when given the promotion of a lifetime at a prestigious fashion magazine in New York City. Her bright future comes to an unexpected halt after news of her father’s death. She inherits his old cabin in the Colorado Rockies, and just when she thinks her luck couldn’t get any worse, she has a car accident in the mountains and awakens in the small, remote community of Black River.
Soon, she’s engulfed in the mystical world of Varulv—wolves descended from 13th century Scandinavia and blessed by Norse gods with the ability to appear human. Paige is desperate to return home, but never expects to fall for her rescuer, Riley Gray, a charming young werewolf from England who offers her an alternate future with his pack.
Now, she must choose between the career she’s always wanted and the love she’s always dreamed.
The Howling Heart Main Character Spotlights
Today I’d like to shine the spotlight on the main characters in The Howling Heart. First, I’ll introduce Paige Donovan, the heroine and story narrator. She has provided the following hand-written list on a piece of loose-leaf notebook paper. She revealed to me that she wished she could’ve typed the list on a tablet, but is no longer afforded such a technological luxury.
Things I Wish I Knew Before I Joined a Wolf Pack:
1. You can’t choose your rank or duties.
2. You have to be submissive to males.
3. Males will fight to the death if more than one of them wants to be your mate.
4. You have to spend the rest of your life in the forest.
5. Your mate will never sleep with you in his human form.
6. You will not have a baby.
7. Wolves shed like crazy in summer! (Note to self: invest in a powerful vacuum)
The spotlight is now on Riley Gray, the cheeky hero. He has a few words to say which are spoken in a North Yorkshire English accent, and he has memorized his list.
“I’m a beta wolf, and I’ve been told I have a problem with authority. I never thought about killing my father to become alpha—alright maybe once when he threatened Paige, but I have thought about what I’d do if I ever led my own pack. I’m not saying I’d be better—well yeah, I would. So, here are my Top 5 Things I’d Do If I Was Alpha Male:
1. Start a recruitment program to invite humans into my pack. Some Varulv really don’t know what they’re missing having a human mate. It’s bloody exciting…and I’m not just talking about the sex!
2. Have meetings with alpha males from packs across the country to discuss “coming out from behind the trees”. If we’re really as fearless as we claim to be, then we need to prove it and take this major step sooner than later.
3. Create a law to allow females to claim their mates. Maybe then Quinn will finally get a husband.
4. Allow hunting without the pack. Sometimes you get hungry and want a fresh kill all to yourself. What’s wrong with that?
5. Open more places for pups and juveniles to socialize and discuss their problems. It’s tough being a young wolf, especially when dealing with authority from thick-skulled adults.”
April Bostic is a New Jersey-based, Adult Romance author who enjoys unleashing her creativity and letting her imagination run wild. Her love of romance books inspired her to become not just a reader, but also a writer. In December 2008, she self-published her first novel, a contemporary romance with a supernatural twist entitled A Rose to the Fallen.
Her first short story, Right Here, Right Now, released in January 2012, is an erotic romance with a dash of S&M. The following year, she released two more short stories–a romantic urban fantasy inspired by the Greek myth of Eros and Psyche entitled Eros, My Love, and a sexy romantic comedy entitled Love Addiction.
After five years, she released her second novel, The Howling Heart, a paranormal romance that delves into the mystical world of werewolves and Norse gods. To end her busiest year in publishing, April also released her fourth short story in December 2013, a historical paranormal romance entitled A Dark Scandal.
$25 Amazon eGift Card & ebook of The Howling Heart
Ends January 9th