I have resolved to set down a few resolutions in regards to blogging and reading for 2016. I find, especially for blogging, it’s better to have a plan and stick to it for the most part.
I am a newbie to blogging and although I’m pleased with how my blog is doing so far, I want to focus more on original content for 2016. Now, that does not mean that I won’t be doing Blog/Book Tours, Cover Reveals and or Blasts because I love doing these.
It does mean, however that most of these will be promotional posts instead of review posts since I want to have time to read the books on my ever-growing TBR.
So here are the resolutions I have set out for my Blog for 2016:
- One Review (not including those for Blog Tours) per week to be done on a Wednesday and will be given a name
- My Week In Books is going to continue to be a weekly feature and will be done on a Monday
- A new feature to be introduced for Friday
- Monthly Wrap-Up to include posts made and number of reviews
- TBR not to exceed 10 books ( subject to addition or subtraction depending on how my week goes)
- Take part in more challenges or memes ( maybe something for Tuesday)
- Learn more about how to promote my Blog on Social Networks
Here are my Reading Resolutions:
- Read and Review all outstanding NetGalley books (including ARCs) before requesting anymore
- Be more selective about accepting Books for review
- Hauls not to exceed 5 books each month
- Revise my TBR List and ‘clean’ up my ereader
- Read only after I have studied at least 2 hours
- Try to exceed the number of books read in 2015
- Be more open to reading genres like Contemporary, Dystopian, Science Fiction and Literary Fiction
- Keep a better record of my books by adding to Goodreads
Now for a Look at The Challenges I will be participating In :
This challenge is hosted by Sarah K, The YA book traveler.
- read a minimum of 1 book per month you already own (published book).
- I’m planning to read at least 10 books from my personal TBR and another 12 from NetGalley and any other books for review.
- Use the hastag #RockMyTBR for current discussion.
- Set a goal of how many fantasy books you are planning to read ( I’m going with: 20 books).
- Use #flightsoffantasy
This challenge is hosted by The Daily Prophecy.
- Main focus on Fairytale retellings, but quite okay to read other retellings (I’m doing a variety of retellings, see my post here)
- You can re-read books and cross-link them to other challenges.
- Spread the world with hashtag #fairytaleRC.
- Levels: (I’m aiming for Kuma Lisa)
-Enchanted Moura: 1 – 4 books.-Goose Girl: 5 – 9 books.
-Evil Queen: 10 – 15 books.
-Wise princess: 16 – 20 books.
-Kuma Lisa: 21 – 25 books.
–Cheshire cat: 26+ books
There you have it Guys! What resolutions did you make for your Blog for 2016? Are you participating in any challenges?