Welcome to the Flames Of Auriel Book Tour! Read on an excerpt, a Top Ten list and a Giveaway for a signed copy. Be sure to enter!
Flames Of Auriel
Author: Erin R Bedford
Publication Date: Jan 1, 2016
When living in a world where the prince isn’t always charming, the princess has a mean right hook, and angels are worshiped like gods, love isn’t always easy to find.
Zoe has never been the lady-like princess she’s read about in fairy-tales, even with her very own handsome prince to sweep her off her feet. She doesn’t know what she dislikes more, his arrogant smirk or the way his grey eyes darken when they fight. Angels help him if he thinks he could tame her.
Asher won’t admit it, but he admires the fighting style of his warrior princess. She reminds him of an avenging angel the way her fiery hair whips around her as she takes out her challengers. Dark One help him, but she is as tough an opponent on the battlefield as she is off.
With unknown and unwanted feelings starting to emerge between the two royals, a single goodbye turns into a frantic search for a missing princess. Asher has to find the one woman he never thought he’d miss and keep his kingdom safe from an old enemy. If he fails, the angels may not forgive him this time.
Purchase the Book: Amazon
“What are you doing?” Zoe tugged on her hand. He would have never gotten this close to her on purpose. She did not know what to make of the way her heart beat faster in her chest.
“Calm down. I just want to try something,” Asher’s voice lowered as he brought his head down to hers. Before his princess could object, he pressed his lips to hers. The small startled sound she made would have made him chuckle had he not been so intrigued by the way her mouth felt against his own.
After a moment, he released her lips, breathing in against her face. “Yellow.”
“What?” She pulled back to see his face, her eyes a little bit hazed from their kiss.
“Your favorite color is yellow.”
Zoe stared at him for a moment, before snapping her gaping mouth closed. “Oh. Well, good night.” Zoe turned on her heel and hurried down the hallway, not giving a glance back to the befuddled prince.
As she got ready for bed Zoe thought of what had just happened. He had known the answer to his mother’s question and he had said nothing at dinner. She knew his favorite color. She had made a point to know it, but probably just like him she did not want him to know she had cared enough to find out. Zoe felt vulnerable. Exposed almost, but also a little giddy.
He knew her favorite color.
Top 10 Things to Know About Zoe
1. Her full name is Zoella Aine Seraph. She was named after her late mother and hates being called by her full name.
2. She started sword fighting when she was seven, though it is tradition for many Aurelian children to learn at a much earlier age. Her father delayed her training in an effort to make her more lady-like.
3. Besides sword fighting, Zoe is also skilled at archery, knife throwing, and war tactics.
4. She spent her younger eavesdropping on her father while he discussed battle strategies against Camel, but was allowed to become part of those discussions when she was fifteen.
5. By Aurelian standards Zoe is an unmatched beauty, but to Aldabelans her features too sharp and masculine.
6. Zoe may seem fearless, but when she was five saw a body crawling with maggots and has been terrified of them ever since.
7. Until she was twelve Zoe had a bad habit of cutting her own hair with a training dagger when it got too long. Alice put a stop to that.
8. Zoe’s secret obsession is trying out different flavored fruit pies. She can’t get enough!
9. She doesn’t have a musical preference. She prefers to be on the training grounds to dancing in ballrooms, but if she had to pick she’d prefer anything with a thunderous bass.
10. Her first crush actually wasn’t on Garrett it was on a stable hand that helped her clean her horse every night until he moved away when she was ten.
About The Author
Erin Bedford is a new fantasy romance author, a computer programmer by day, and a hobby hoarder. She enjoys playing RPG games alongside her husband as well as inventing nonsensical games for her daughter’s amusement. Erin lives in the Omaha Nebraska Region and dreams of one day moving where the word snow is nonexistent. Creating fantastical worlds has always been a secret passion of hers and she couldn’t imagine writing any story without some kind of lovey-dovey or smexy goodness in it.
Connect With Erin: