Welcome to the Ashes In The Sky Blog Tour. To see the full schedule, click on the banner above. For my stop today, I have a guest post by the author and a Giveaway. Be sure to enter!
Ashes in the Sky (Fire in the Woods #2) by Jennifer M. Eaton
Publication Date: March 1, 2016
After inadvertently saving the world, eighteen-year-old Jessica Martinez is ready to put adventure behind her and settle back into the familiar routine of high school.
Though when she’s offered an opportunity to photograph the inside of an alien space ship, Jess jumps at the chance. After all, she’d be crazy to turn something like that down, right?
Spending time with David on the ship has definite advantages and the two seem to pick up right where they left off. But when Jess discovers a plot to sabotage David’s efforts to establish a new home for his people on another planet, neither David’s advanced tech nor Jess’s smarts will be able to save them.
ASHES IN THE SKY is an action-packed, romantic Sci Fi adventure that will leave readers screaming for more.
If I Met An Alien I would: ( Ten things the author would do if she met an alien)
Omigosh! What the heck WOULD I do if I met an alien? That’s a tricky question, because it would probably depend on the circumstances.
If a ship crash landed in my yard, I’d like to say that I’d help them, but since I’ve done extensive research on the subject, I’d know that the military wouldn’t be far behind, so whatever I’d do, it would have to be fast.
Hopefully he’d speak English. That would be a big help. I’d tell him that we’re all not as bad as the freaks with guns that are about to show up, and I’d probably give him some water, because crashing a space ship has gotta be thirsty work.
I’d ask where he was from, and what life is like there, and if there are any buttons on his space ship that I could press for him that would help his friends get there to save him before Homeland Security shows up to take him to Area 51.
Oh! This is supposed to be a top ten list! Look at me all rattling on like nothing.
So, where was I?
1. Let him know not all humans are freaks
2. Get him a drink. One should always be a good host.
3. Ask him a little about himself, it’s just proper etiquette
4. Ask what I can do to help before the authorities find him
5. Tell him a little about Earth. After all, this is an opportunity for cultural exchange!
6. Go for a ride in his space ship and show him the sights on Earth, while reminding him NOT to shoot at the silly pilots chasing us. Their missiles can’t get past his shield anyway.
7. I’d ask what he was doing here in the first place, and bite my tongue if I didn’t like the answer.
8. Then I’d introduce him to chocolate, because cocoa beans are indigenous only to Earth, and that is reason enough to thwart an alien apocalypse.
9. I’d ask him NOT to drop me off in Australia. As much as I’d like to visit, space ships aren’t all that easy to come by, and it would be a little hard to find my way home.
10. Last, but not least, I’d ask him to take me with him when he leaves, because I wouldn’t want to be poked and prodded and examined by doctors wondering if I was carrying an alien baby or some sort of weird disease. – I’ve always wanted to take a fly-by past Jupiter, anyway.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jennifer M. Eaton hails from the eastern shore of the North American Continent on planet Earth. Yes, regrettably, she is human, but please don’t hold that against her. While not traipsing through the galaxy looking for specimens for her space moth collection, she lives with her wonderfully supportive husband and three energetic offspring. (And a poodle who runs the spaceport when she’s not around.)
During infrequent excursions to her home planet of Earth, Jennifer enjoys long hikes in the woods, bicycling, swimming, snorkeling, and snuggling up by the fire with a great book; but great adventures are always a short shuttle ride away.
Who knows where we’ll end up next?
Giveaway Information: Contest ends March 18, 2016
• Five (5) winners will receive a digital copy of Ashes in the Sky by Jennifer M. Eaton (INT)