2016 was a very inconsistent blogging year for me. I had so much stuff I was and still am dealing with personally that I couldn’t meet a lot of my blogging commitments especially reviewing. I’m a reader so I’m always reading but it got to the point where I was only reading for comfort so I’m way behind on my reviewing and I feel terrible about it because I hate to go back on my word. Even though I never gave a set date for reviews, except for those whose release dates are upcoming, I still expected to take no more than 8 weeks to review a book but sadly it’s been months in some cases. So for this year I want to:
- Read and review most of those review books I’ve received in 2016. To that end, I will not be accepting any review requests unless it comes from a couple of the publishers with whom I am already in contact
- Stick to a posting schedule for my reviews of Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Upload and publish reviews I’ve already written to my site soonest
- Read at least 2-4 non-review books each month to circumvent a reading/reviewing slump
- Re-introduce Fast Forward Fridays and Week In Books.
Those are the most important blogging related issues I intend to focus on and accomplish. For those who have stuck around, even with my inconsistency, I thank you and hope you will continue to support me in the coming months. For those who haven’t been able to stick around, I hope you will feel it worth your while to revisit and know that you’re very welcome!
Happy New Year everyone!! Have you made any resolutions, blogging, bookish or otherwise? Let me know in the comments!